Thursday, September 30, 2010

LeBron Blames Cleveland Exit on Bad Steak

LeBron James says his decision to leave the Cleveland Cavaliers was the result of a bad steak. The Miami Heat forward revealed the news after a preseason workout Thursday.

In a July 8 special on ESPN, James told Jim Gray that he was taking his talents to South Beach. However, the NBA superstar now says he intended to remain with the Cavaliers. "I was all set to announce my decision to stay in Cleveland," explained James. "But earlier that day I had a steak dinner that messed with my stomach. By the time I got to the Jim Gray interview, I had lost the true feeling in my gut -- which was to stick with the Cavs. I don't know if it was the sauce or the meat itself."

James further explained that once his stomach got better, it was too late to retract the announcement. "By the time my gut feeling returned, I had already spent the weekend partying with Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh and thousands of Miami fans in South Beach. I would have looked foolish if I returned to Cleveland after all the love I got from the good people of Miami."

When a reporter reminded James about the seven years of love and support that Cavs fans gave him, the NBA All-Star got a bit testy. "Dude, I was gonna stay," responded James. "It was the steak, man. I swear. Do you think I would leave a great situation like that and become just one of three superstars on the same team? Anyone in their right mind would have stayed in Cleveland, but I ate some bad steak. What am I gonna do? What's done is done!"