Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rangers' Hamilton Mistakes Self for Chef Flay

Texas Rangers outfielder Josh Hamilton told reporters Tuesday that he spent the past three weeks cooking hundreds of delicious meals. The AL MVP candidate broke his ribs running into the outfield wall while making a catch during a Sept. 4 game at Minnesota, and says he woke up the next day believing he was renowned chef Bobby Flay.

"I got up on Sept. 5, looked in the mirror, and was convinced I was Bobby Flay," explained Hamilton. "Looking back, I guess the blow I took against the wall knocked around my senses a bit." The All-Star outfielder immediately got to work on a nuevo-Western omelette that morning. "I added some artichokes and poblano chili peppers to the traditional Western," revealed Hamilton. "I hit it out of the park. It was delish."

Hamilton went on to mention a few of his other successful meals, including an orange-glazed salmon, a roasted pomegranate chicken and a strawberry tart. However, his return to the Rangers' lineup Friday is putting a dent in his culinary plans. "I was hoping to throw together a barbecue shrimp dish this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll have time in between games," said Hamilton. "Maybe if I marinate the shrimp in some pineapple juice and paprika before Saturday's game, I'll have some time to grill it up Sunday morning. We'll see."